There can be a few reasons for this, including:
- Increased usage - Have you used more energy over the billing period compared to your last bill?
- Credit balance - You may have a large credit balance on your current supplier account, so the supplier has dropped payments to compensate and may even send you some money back.
- Debit balance - Your payments may not have covered your energy usage, so you might have a large bill to clear as well as your ongoing usage.
- Estimated readings - Your supplier is only required to take meter readings once every 2 years, so make sure you are taking these regularly, and uploading through your supplier account.
- Rising energy costs - As with all costs, the cost of energy is rising and the way the market is today, isn't the same as it was when your tariff would have started.
If you have concerns about how much you're paying, feel free to get in touch with us.